26 December 2012

Fired By The Ring


A real gem ripped from the T_ape archives this is, even if I say so myself. Archive On 4: Fired By The Ring (2002) is a feature length look at how all kinds of artists from different disciplines have remade Tolkien's epic, with Brian Sibley, Philip Pullman, Peter Jackson and many other luminaries. Being originally broadcast on BBC Radio Four it's only fitting that the programme features heavily on the superlative 1981 BBC radio series and is thus  peppered with quotes, interviews and out-takes from the production that cannot be found anywhere else to my knowledge. I have also included in the download, scans of an old SFX Magazine article covering the history and making of the radio series. Well worth your time I reckon.

dl

Further reading: Microphones In Middle Earth

No comments: